Sunday, June 13, 2010

Help Fund a Documentary on "The Thief and the Cobbler"

This is not related to The World According to David Liebe Hart, but it is my next film:



I have been researching and considering to make a documentary on Richard Williams lost animated epic, The Thief and the Cobbler. I am about to begin shooting the documentary, which will be my senior project.

But the project needs funding for equipment and travel expenses to London.

I need to reach my minimum of $8,000 by July 12th, or all of the pledges will be refunded to the backers, and I won't receive any of the funds.

Please pledge today to make this project a reality. Go to this link at Kickstarter.com for more information and to learn about REWARDS for backers.

Here's a trailer of the project on YouTube:



You can also view the trailer at the Kickstarter.com website: http://kck.st/cwepzM


Thank you very much!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on raising the money. How far along are you on the project?

    I don't suppose you've reached Williams himself, have you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had known about this documentary before hand you can be assured I would've funded you, as it stands I only just now found out about this.

    Let me offer this then, this looks like an incredibly fascinating documentary on the creative process and art in animation. If it is true what you say then what happened to this film, that the person who worked his life on it was thrown off it, his work ruined by corporate meddling, then it is a great tragedy.

    With any luck, you can do Richard Williams justice and help tell his story and show the world what he wanted to create from the start. As an aspiring writer/creator myself I can truly feel what must've happened to Williams and I look forward to see your final product. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete